We strongly encourage personal development; workers will be able to access training that has been endorsed by Skills for Care and Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
All staff will be expected to undertake mandatory training before taking up an assignment, regardless of previous qualifications. We also have systems in place to ensure that regular refresher training takes place.
The training is called the Care Certificate and will be a mixture of practical one day courses and e-learning training. The training is free, although there is a charge if you do not turn up for training.
- First Aid
- Manual Handling (e-learning)
- Epilepsy Awareness (e-learning)
- Fire Safety (e-learning)
- Medication Awareness (e-learning)
- Adults at Risk Workshop
- Role of a Care Worker
Further training courses (Continuing Professional Development) are as follows:
- Care Act
- Mental Capacity & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Autism Awareness Workshop
- Person Centred Support
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Physical Intervention Training
- Support Planning
- Staff Development Days
- Makaton Training
- Mental Health Awareness
- Learning Disabilities