Neil loves helping people, in person, one-to-one. He sees everyone as individuals and enjoys meeting each person where they’re at. Whether clients are verbal or non-verbal, Neil finds creative ways to interact with people and makes them feel calm, relaxed and safe. Neil keeps things simple, down-to-earth and fun. Working as a Day Opportunities Worker since October 2019, he has found his fit in social care where he can do the thing he loves: helping people.
Areas of responsibility:
- Supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and mental health needs to develop independent living skills
- Escorting clients to and from home to wherever they need to go
- Supporting the Day Centre Manager with whatever they need to make the centre a safe environment for service users
- Epilepsy Awareness and Buccal Midazolam
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Safe Administration of Medicines