Martin experienced a variety of occupations before choosing care work twenty years ago. Initially in registered care homes, then as a Shared-Lives activity provider delivering one-to-one sessions in computer graphics, I.T. and life skills. Experience in supporting people on the Autistic spectrum, presenting challenging behaviours and with sensory impairments. Makaton, PECS, visual aids and other means of communication. Health and safety.
A person-centred approach, client led and focused on developing empowerment and self-fulfilment.
He joined Solutions in April 2019.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of service users.
- Reports and risk-assessments.
- Escorting and participating in activities.
- Point of Contact for PCP – OPPs
- Senior on Call
- First aid / Manual Handling / Medication.
- Fire safety / Health and Safety / Infection control / Food safety.
- Epilepsy awareness / Buccal Midazolam.
- Understanding Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults / Understanding challenging behaviours / PRoact training.
- Makaton and visual supports.
- NVQ Care Level 2 – 2005.
- Computer graphics and Desk Top Publishing C & G 7261 – 1997.
- Fine Art Foundation Course. Studio Practice and Design – 1972-75.