After over a year of excellent work as a support worker, Joe became a Senior Day Opportunities Worker in both North and West London locations. He enjoys working with a diverse range of service users and abilities including those needing assistance with transport training, personal care, mobility, social anxiety, cooking, and coping with / reducing a range of behaviours that challenge.
Areas of responsibility:
- Assisting with coordination of schedules and activities.
- 1:1 work
- Inducting new clients
- Key working
- Community Engagement
- Line-managing support workers
- Restrictive Intervention
- Leadership & Management: Performance Management and Coaching Skills
- Challenging Behaviour
- Sex and Relationships for people with a Learning Disability (FPA)
- Fire Warden
- PBS: Challenging Behaviour and Teaching New Skills
- Safeguarding Conference with Dr. Margaret Flynn