Solutions has signed up to the “STOMP” pledge: Stopping Over-Medication of People with a Learning Disability, Autism or Both.
In summary, STOMP aims to:
• Improve the quality of life of people with a learning disability, autism or both
• Make sure people only receive psychotropic medication (medicines which alter consciousness, mood or perception) for the right reasons and in the right amount
• Improve understanding of psychotropic medicines and when they should or should not be given
• Improve understanding of alternatives to medication
• Make sure that people with a learning disability, autism or both are involved in decisions about their health and treatment